CleanQuote Data Privacy Statement
At CleanQuote, we are committed to protect and respect your privacy in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in force at any given time. This Privacy Statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products and to our services, marketing, and customer contract fulfilment activities. It also applies to
individuals seeking a job with CleanQuote.
Who are we?
CleanQuote develops and delivers a trading platform that facilitates the virtual meeting between requestors for chemical substances and cleaning products used for the cleaning of dry bulk carrier holds – and suppliers of such products.
We are headquartered in Lyngby, in the Greater Copenhagen area, where we share offices with DTU.
Our VAT registration number is DK38933183, and our address is:
2800 Kgs. Lyngby,
Phone no. +45 2274 1260
CleanQuote IVS is the data controller of your data and our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When do we collect personal data about you?
- When you are using our services.
- When you interact with us in person, over our platform, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
- When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as third-party data aggregators, CleanQuote’s marketing partners, public sources, or social networks. We only use these data if you have given your consent to them to share your personal data with others.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected, we commit ourselves to requesting your specific agreement to such collection of data.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to build an archive of contact persons among our approved platform users. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and persons seeking a job or working in our company.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Send you marketing communications which you have requested. This may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions of our associated partners’ products and services. This communication is subscription based and requires your consent.
- Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased over our platform.
- Reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms you have completed on our platform or at email@example.com
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Provide you with access and services related to the use of our platform.
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, license details, invoice, reminders, and similar.
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services (system messages).
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services.
- Process a job application.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consent
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using a “Consent Box” that you will have to tick off as a prerequisite to use our platform. By clicking the box, you agree that you have read and understood this Privacy Statement, and then you acknowledge the type and extent of personal data that will be logged in our system concerning you as an individual.
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners, and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between CleanQuote and the individual person has been identified. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect the following personal data:
- Phone number
- Job title
- E-mail address
- Your company’s name and contact information
- By default, your IP-address with your company will also be logged in our system.
We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our platform, we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the platform.
If you apply for a job at CleanQuote, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
CleanQuote does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. However, we will not hold your personal data longer than 6 months after you have
ceased to be a User on the platform. We will then delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that CleanQuote holds about you.
- The right to request that CleanQuote corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data be deleted when it is no longer necessary for CleanQuote to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time.
- The right to request that CleanQuote provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site, and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies and web beacons do not personally identify you.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
If required by law
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Use of sub-contractors (processors and subprocessors)
We may use sub-contractors to process personal data on our behalf. We are responsible for making sure, they commit themselves to adhere to this Privacy Statement and applicable data protection legislation by signing a Data Processing Agreement. As a general rule, we will only use sub-contractors who are certified under the ISO 3000 standard.
If the sub-contractor processes Personal Data outside the EU/EEA area, such processing must be in accordance with the EU Standard Contractual Clauses for transfer to third countries, or another specifically stated lawful basis for the transfer of personal data to a third country.
If a new sub-contractor is signed or a change of sub-contractor is performed related to our platform, you will be notified in line with our Terms of Service.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
CleanQuote reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will always be found on our platform. We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If we make changes that significantly alter our privacy practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our websites prior to the change taking effect.
Your right to complain with a supervisory Authority
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed by CleanQuote, you may, in the first instance, contact email@example.com.
If you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to apply directly to your national supervisory authority for a decision. The supervisory authorities can be contacted at:
This Privacy Statement was updated Sept 21st, 2020.